I'm not very political. I used to listen to conservative radio -otherwise known as the righteous right trash talking the loose left - but it no longer attracted me. The anger - the picking and choosing of volatile callers - I just got sick of it. I even avoid the news because I am just sick (and tired) of hearing all of the campaigning already, and it's not even October yet.
But I have some friends who aren't tired of politics yet, and who have some well thought out positions for their support of Barack Obama. Don is tired of corruption in the Republican Party. Similarly, Chantell is tired of Republicans fighting the same moral battles on the campaign front, but not doing anything in actual government to resolve it.
What it boils down to for me, is I'm just tired of the Bush family being in control of government, and all of their friends. The thought of voting for Monica Lewinsky's ex-boyfriend's wife is too much for me. JUST TOO MUCH.
Maybe I watched too many West Wing reruns, but I'm toying with the idea of voting for a young man with lots of new ideas from a (gasp!) different party. I'm not crazy about his religion. But that's one of the beauties of the United States of America - there is not one government run church. That's why I have the freedom to worship the way I do.
I'm not going to go all crazy on this here blog and put up buttons advertising his campaign, and you know I'd rather buy a new pair of shoes than send the campaign my financial support. But I just might ... just might ... vote for actual change.
Don't be a hater - keep it civil if you're going to comment.
No comments:
Post a Comment