Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I said ... but I meant ...

My parents have long called it "hoof in mouth disease." You know. Where you say something and the words that come out of your mouth are NOT what was in your brain.

Mr Lemon had a little of that last night. I was in a frenzy to get a little housework done, so I was changing the sheets, and thought, hmmm, the dresser needs dusting, so I just cleared the dresser and swiped a pillowcase across the top. That's so sanitary, you know.

He looked at me funny, and I said "I just realize sometimes how really lazy I am," and he said "Well, don't make up for it all in one night."

He meant, "Don't work your fingers to the bone."

I laughed about that all night long (because I was trying to make up for my laziness all in one night, but shhhh don't tell him)


What are some things you have said that didn't quite come out right?

No comments:

Post a Comment