Friday, November 11, 2011

If you wonder why I am not blogging, it's because this is what I hear constantly:

"Mom. You need to put my bunk beds in your room for when my friends come over. We can sleep in your room."

fat chance


"Mom. Let's have church.  Ladies and gemmlemen. Let's have a song. *plink plink plink* Okay. Now I will preach. Jesus was a preacher. And then He died. And unrosed! And then there was a storm, and it got a hole in the boat, and Jesus died again." Son, He said 'Peace be still.'   "Yes. He said 'Please be still,' and then we have another song."

"Mom. We need to put the baby's bed in my room. He can't sleep in your room because he needs to sleep in my room."

"Mom. We need to decorate my room and Gracie's room. Come and help me decorate our rooms."

"Nana. Cordy needs a bath. She cannot take a bath in my bathtub. We need a screwdriver to take apart my bathtub and put in a dog bathtub."

ALL DAY LONG.


I don't have room in my brain for adult thoughts.

At least there is Scrabble on my phone. Too bad I can't think of any words longer than 5 letters, because all of the thoughts are sucked out of my brain.

5 comments:

MotherT said...

I am very understanding about the non-blogging to a point, but you really need to post some of the pics from our meet-up!

Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

Treasure these days. They will be gone before you know it.

Anonymous said...

I try to remember to thoroughly enjoy the activeness when I have my niece - but it is hard to do so in the moment! She came to my house last night with a movie...so I assumed we would be cuddled up on the couch together watching it.

No.

First of all, she can't just walk up to a couch and sit down. She has this twirl spin that she does which ends with her landing in a sitting position on the couch. She does this every.single.time she gets up and sits down again. Which is about 10 times a minute.

Then she wants to cuddle, no wait, she wants to paint, No wait, she wants to draw, no wait, she wants to watch the movie, no wait...

I happily returned her after three hours. All day long and I'd have no brain cells left either!

Roxanna P said...

Oh my goodness... you are hilarious... well and so are the kids! I love this ""Mom. Let's have church. Ladies and gemmlemen. Let's have a song. *plink plink plink* Okay. Now I will preach. Jesus was a preacher. And then He died. And unrosed! And then there was a storm, and it got a hole in the boat, and Jesus died again." Son, He said 'Peace be still.' "Yes. He said 'Please be still,' and then we have another song.""

Dylan Mei's Awesome Dylan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment