Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A few definitions for the new parent of two under 2

Elation: the feeling you get when both babies are napping at the same time

Dispair: the feeling you get when both babies wake up from their nap at the same time, needing the same things IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER, MOMMA

Equality: holding both babies the same amount of time

Disarray: the state of my couch at all times with two sizes of diapers

Exhaustion: the state of new parents' existence

Delight: a first baby smile (it was real! she looked at me and smiled when I made eye contact!)

5 comments:

Christine said...

No truer words have ever been spoken. May Calgon bless you with a relaxing bath soon!

MotherT said...

How about:
Retired--when you go to bed tired, you get up tired, and you run around all day doing all the things you need to do.

((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is so true!! My kids are 13 months apart and I can totally relate :-) Except my daughter is a peanut and my son is a chubster so after 3 1/2 months, they were in the same size diaper!
Elizabeth J.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Love the "retired" definition...tired again and again and again and stilll!

But those smiles really do make up for it somehow, don't they?

Valerie said...

I love this post!! It's great and so true! I love to read your blog you always make me smile. Thanks Mrs Lemon.

Post a Comment