But one thing that is not comfortable is all of the stares when I wear her in a store. It was fun for the first few times to have every WalMart customer in Boone County oooh and aww over how cute she is, but you know what, I have shopping to do. And a busy toddler to keep track of/keep seated in the cart/keep appeased. I don't have time to tell every WalMart customer in Boone County how old she is, yes Pinky has a lot of hair, no it hasn't fallen out, how old her brother is, and then when Splenda is with us, how old she is, and yada yada yada. I'm always nervous that the next question is going to be if I nurse her or bottlefeed her, and that I might then accidentally say the word breast in public. I just want to get my milk and my sugar and get out of the store without a diaper explosion or embarrassing myself.
Speaking of Splenda, when Zesty was born and we'd have the intruding shopper comments about how cute he is, she'd always pop in how old she was, and that she's the Big Sister. Now that she's 12, she's mortified to be in the conversation. But. If I left her out and didn't talk about her when I talk about the other babies? I'll leave the attitude to your imagination. grrrr.
So I'm buying a double stroller. I'm grouchy like that.
I am selling my un-used diaper stash online. I'm trying to avoid buying more bumGenius diapers because we feel like Zesty is thisclose to getting potty trained. I have more than enough bG's to cloth diaper one baby, but not two. Saturday when my parents were here he was sitting in his new! rocking! chair! and signing "sorry." I thought he was saying sorry because he was in a chair, and we ask him to say sorry before he gets out of time out. But shortly after that I realized he had a poopy diaper, and while I was changing him he was signing "sorry" again.
!!!
(My kids are cute and smart.)
(and here he is in his rocking chair.)
6 comments:
PLEEEZE let me know what you're selling and where.
I'm thinking about a ring sling for da babe, but I hear so much from you about the maya. It looks so binding.... is it binding? Does it bunch your clothes up? Is it awkward to put on in public? I think I need to see a demo blog post. Get to it, will ya?
I emailed you about the diapers.
The Moby wrap is binding, but I'm pleasantly plump. It bunches up my clothes. It's awkward to put on in public. A demo blog post ... I can do that. After I wash it (again) because it has puke on it.
I am trying to borrow my sister's sling, so maybe I'll wait until I get that to do a demo post for both?
Just to play devil's advocate ... I have a wrap, a sling, an ergo, a snuggli and probably about two other types of carriers hanging around, and even though it's awkward to put on, my wrap is my go-to carrier for babes up to about 20 pounds. After that I find they work the best in the ergo. I put my wrap on before I leave the house and then put the baby in and out of it as needed. Hope this helps! :)
Attitudes. They all have them. They can't help it. They all grow out of them. They can't help that either. Ain't life grand?
I love using a moby wrap when I have Eva & she's being less than pleasant being in a playpen. (Yes, Folks, I do use one! I believe it is my sanity that is more important than her freedom!) But if I'm going to be doing lots of walking, I use a stroller. This grandma isn't into long term carrying, even in a wrap!
Just print and laminate a FAQ statement and wear it on your back. When someone asks a question, direct them to the FAQ.
I'm glad Zesty liked his rocker.
Post a Comment