Monday, April 20, 2009

In which the boring meets the keyboard

My back is feeling better, thankyouverymuch.

That's what I say, anyways.

My chiropractor says I am a big wussy baby in extreme discomfort because he wasn't even hardly pushing down when he adjusted me today. I'll be seeing him again later this week.

I'm trying to better balance my internetty time. I know, I've barely posted in the last few weeks, but I'd rather get on some kind of posting schedule. I've taken on a few new projects lately for church, and those are much easier to handle when Zesty isn't trying to take the flash drive out of socket, or turning off the computer. That fancy blue light on the power button is just too much temptation for him to handle. So I'm trying to get the Very Important Computer Stuff done while he's napping, and leaving the computer alone when he's playing.

Also, I don't want my children to raise themselves while Momma becomes a Rock Star on the interweb.

(I say that with a lot of sarcasm. And humility.)

By the way, Mr Lemon admired my cute little baby bump a moment ago. Which brings me to Sprite.

Sprite is a good little baby. I was only sick for a period of about 4 weeks, and I realized today that I haven't felt nauseated for about a week. I find that I am not necessarily as ecstatic about the pregnancy itself, but more planning towards having the actual baby in our home. In other words, it's not all about me and how the maternity clothes look, but about considering the changes that will happen when he/she is born.

I'm definitely planning to cloth diaper still. Since this will be a cold weather baby, I may even try to nurse through the second winter. The fact that Zesty never got sick until about 2 weeks after I weaned him (in the winter) makes me want to try and protect the new winter baby for as long as possible. But now that I've experienced real life with a baby, instead of just a 360 degree growing widget in my sidebar, I don't think I'll be so anti-formula as I was to start with.

And to put some interaction on this here blog, what are some other things you changed your mind about going from one baby to two?

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Honestly? I stopped freaking out when they picked up a piece of their food that fell on the floor and I no longer ran to sterilize the pacifier when it fell on the floor. I know, bad mommy! I just found myself a little more laid back. Of course, it is all about balance!

I plan to let my next kid ride motorcylces under the age of one... ;0) Oh, I'm teasing!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Tiffany said...

Scrapbooking for sure. Xander was birth center where Chanel was hospital, both were cloth diapered and he nursed for 3.5 years compared to her 10 months so with that stuff I was way more crunchy granola the second time around. However, the documentation went down the tubes FAST. Chanel's scrapbook has a 3 inch thick volume 1 for her first year and a 2 inch thick year 2 & 3 volume. Xander has about 10 pages total. Most of his pics are still on the CD even. It's really pretty dreadful. lol!

Code Yellow Mom said...

Wow. Where to start. :) This might take an e-mail.

I'm with Mrs. Nurse Boy - some things have to give a little, especially when the babies are close in age. Going from one to two was actually trickier for me than going from two to three. You kinda get to a saturation point or something. :)

I think mostly, though, was I found this greater sense of "I am the mom. Whoa." Not that I didn't feel it before, it just intensified and I started to take the important things more seriously and the not so important things had to be put aside to nurture little people.

And the time to GET READY to go anywhere multiplies with every child, even though you're still only packing one diaper bag :) That's excruciating.

Liz said...

Yeah - I'm so anti-diaper bag anyways. Mr Lemon will take the diaper bag for a run to the drive thru bank, but I am more likely to just throw wipes, a diaper or two if he's lucky, and a sippy cup in my purse.

Jan/lost-strayed-or-stolen.blogspot.com said...

With baby 2 I nursed much longer--nursing was soooo much easier than mixing formula and making bottles. I learned to nurse with baby tucked under one arm football style and cook, wipe baby 1's nose, and everything else with the other hand. Baby 1 learned how to entertain himself, how to be more self-reliant, and how to soothe himself while I was busy with baby 2. All good lessons we need to learn as early as possible.

Post a Comment