Tuesday, December 30, 2008

My nerdiness is making a brief appearance

That sound you hear?

That's the pressure lifting from my shoulders. My Very Important Hard Work was completed yesterday just in time for Mr Lemon to come home and take me out to eat with one of our gift cards.

(You know who you are, and we thank you from the bottom of our O'Charley's filled tummies. YUM.)

So now, I officially have enough class hours in to be rehired for H&R Block AND our church year-end slideshow is complete. Almost 16 minutes long, complete with music and cool transitions, it has over 350 pictures.

I'm not griping, because thankGOD I don't have to scan developed pictures, or transfer the negatives to actual slides, but could you please pretty please just make sure the date on your digital camera is set correctly? For me? I had a series of pictures that I knew was from Easter Sunday because of the content. The dates ranged from 3/19 to 3/25. Easter Sunday was 3/23 this year. I know that because it was my last Sunday service before I popped out the baby. And I was hugely pregnant. But some of the other pictures had dates of 2/10, but summer clothes in the photos.

I clearly remember 2/10 being freezing cold.

In other Very Important Hard Work categories ...

I'm uber excited about H&R Block this year because
a) I got a raise, and ...
b) nope, that's it. I'm just excited I got a raise.

But ... to all of you who had a baby in 2008, pay attention: Remember the stimulus package back in the spring? $600 per person, an extra $300 per kid (for qualifying taxpayers, see small print for details, void where prohibited by law)? Based on your 2007 tax return, you didn't have that baby in time to count it for that first check, but you will be entitled to his/her $300 on your 2008 tax return.

Yippee. Tax deductions are my love language.

But currently my newest tax deduction is trying to chew on a plastic bag, THAT IS NOT A TOY, SON!

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Good for you, for the raise, the re-hire, the work being done and all that rot.

These little tax deductions are great aren't they. They are cute, cuddly and return to us some of the money we've already spent. :)

Marianne said...

Liz ... I sent the tax information to my husband, who is going to be SO excited!

Plastic bags, eh? Nathan chews on everything he can find too. We've tried to keep plastic bags away from him, but he did have a pack of anti-bacterial wipes the other day. And also, he seems to find Cheerios EVERYWHERE!

kate said...

Oooh, thank you for that tax info...I can use an extra $300! I mean, my son can use it. For college. Or something. :)

~cjoy said...

Oh YES...an extra tax deduction! Woohoo!! That makes $900 worth of kids in the house. Wait. They're really worth way more than that. :)

Congrats on the raise - one of the few these days!

(PS - Baby J likes to empty out the disposable wipes or chew on the squirt bottle that holds the wipes solution for the cloth ones.)

Sarah said...

An extra 300 bucks, sweet! That's about 2 months worth of Starbucks for me.

My husband will be thrilled he can stop working overtime for two months. =)

Post a Comment