Friday, November 21, 2008

I believe! {rings bell from Polar Express}

(I thought I better hurry up and post before Dad feels like he failed as a parent to teach me to observe the ways of America's colossal waste of time sport)

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Santa. Especially the year that I got WAY MORE presents than anyone else. Various presents surrounded me addressed to ~L~ and ~full name starting with an E~

Until I opened a pill sorter ... and realized all the ones addressed to ~L~ were for my AUNT ~L~. May she rest in peace. She was old and needed the pill sorter, and I'm sure she was delighted to check that item off her list to Santa.

After that I left off the believing in Santa. But this year I was rather excited to have Zesty with his first Christmas sure to be memorable with a picture of Santa.

Mr Lemon's company has their present-handing-out time ahead of time, and we went last night so Splenda and Zesty could collect their loot. Of course, there was the requisite waiting in line. It wasn't like Ralphie's visit at all, but I was excited to see Santa. And I was equipped with my camera and goofy smile to have Zesty laugh.

Until we got up there ... and I realized it would be better if Splenda held him, so he wouldn't scream. We got a good shot, see?



Santa wanted to hold him afterwards, and I ... said no.

I sassed Santa! He wasn't creepy or anything, I just didn't want to be the mom with the baby who doesn't like Santa! Zesty was clearly uncomfortable, and I didn't want him to cry.

7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

My parents used to tell Santa no when we would request outragious gifts from him. I mean, he was SANTA, couldn't he make our dreams come true?! My parents just said they wouldn't let him make some of our dreams come true. (I guess the barbie dream house and I were never meant to be...)

So, I guess sassing off to Santa is just part of our job now!

ADORABLE picture!
Mrs. Nurse Boy

~cjoy said...

Good mommy!
I worked for Santa once upon a time in a mall loaded with lights and garland and there was NOTHING worse than the forced kid. And there were many variations of that.

Thank you, on behalf of the elves and the children everywhere. You just took the first step in preventing a life long fear of Santa. :) (And I'm NOT kidding!)

MotherT said...

That is most definitely a wary look on my grandson's face! Good thinking having Splenda hold him! (Besides they look so adorable together!)

It took Sica a couple of years to get the idea of SMILING when Santa was around!

Valerie said...

Zesty's facial expression is hilarious. He is definitely keeping you all in his sights!! You talk about cautious. Poor Santa, denied baby love. He'll be okay.

Anonymous said...

You are such a wise and wonderful momma.. Happy Merry first christmas Zesty... Splenda is beautiful..
You are a blessed woman to have two such beautiful children..
Jodi

Anonymous said...

I can sooo hear you sassing Santa, "No". I'm laughing at you, but loving it too! Wonderful picture!!!

KarenK said...

Oh my stinking word, Liz! He is so ridiculously cute.

Post a Comment