(The ensuing conversation happened entirely in my imagination. You're welcome.)
"Not the camera, Momma. The spoon. With the bananas. That's what should be aimed at my mouth."
"No, I will not smile."
"Ha. Foiled you again. A bib shot. Show THAT to your interwebs."
"Closing my eyes ... going in for the kill ..."
Ha! I caught it! Bribery should be a technique they emphasize in the hospital just as much as 'back to sleep' and 'never shake a baby.' See 'em?
In other exciting news, my sister is expecting a baby girl in January, and my youngest sister-in-law is expecting a baby boy in February. Yesterday I saw my youngest SIL for the first time since I found out she was pregnant, and I became the person that got on my nerves as a first time expecting mom - I touched her belly without asking first. Shame on me.
8 comments:
The picture just doesn't do justice to those two little (sharp) pearls!!! I love the way he concentrates on getting the food to his mouth!
Your sister isn't so upset by people rubbing her belly as she is by the words "My, you are really looking pregnant now!" She says people are really saying that until now she just looked fat.
Look at those sweet little teeth! Let the drooling begin!
Has Zesty had a hard time with them? Tater Tot ran a little fever with the first few teeth, but he really didn't have too bad of a time.
We have a friend who is a pediatrician and he swears that teething does not cause a fever. However, his wife - who is staying home with their 3 children - says, "What does HE know? Yes, he has a medical degree, but hasn't been the one at home 24/7 with 3 teething children. They run fever." I love to hear them "argue" about this one. He sites "medical facts" and she just holds up one of the kids!
I'm a total believer in Bribery. Fo sho!
I was never bothered when people touched my belly while I was pregnant. It's when they do it now, thinking I'm still pregnant, that's a lil unnerving.
Bribery always works. Use it all the time.
Love the pics and the teeth. He's been working hard on those teefers. You both have.
And tater mama is right, they do run a fever. I have had three living proofs and a four that is proving that theory wrong currently.
It's babies, babies everywhere for you sisters!! I have a feeling the Lemon Family is going catch the fever.
Good job capturing a picture! That took persistence. There's something sad about when they get those teeth. The little gummy smiles are SO cute.
Aw...what a cutie!
Those pictures are SO cute.
And as for touching her belly--well, she's family, so it doesn't count (now that it's not you, you can use that excuse). haha...!
You know....I must've worn a sign that said, "Touch me and die" when I was pregnant. Only a few people ever touched my belly....
And, it's rather embarrassing to have to say, "I'm not pregnant, I'm just fat!" *sigh* Too bad they didn't look at all ashamed of themselves for assuming....
Teething babies DO run a fever. And get diarrhea. And get runny noses. Trust me. I'm going through that for a second time now. Whee!!!
Absolutely A-d-o-r-a-b-l-e pic of his going in for the kill. Looks so ornery/intent on his food. (And looks a LOT like his momma!) hehe
~DA
Post a Comment