Sunday, February 24, 2008

What happens in Louisville, stays in Louisville

And apparently so does some of my cash.

We had an emergency shopping trip to make to replace the contents of A Very Important Missing Bag.

*snort* I can't tell you what all was in That Bag. That would be violating our confidentiality agreement.

Maybe it was my stomach being TOTALLY EMPTY or something, because I did not find anything to buy on this emergency shopping trip. No shoes. No shirts. The baby clothes were boring. Nothing maternity.

On our way back to the hotel, we ran through McDonald's, and the confused little boy at the counter let someone else cut in line in front of me. Who ever heard of letting a hale hearty man cut in line in front of a pregnant woman when there's food involved? He also thought I gave him a $5, but it was actually a $20. I didn't find this out until I went looking for some cash for the offering, and realized that I was missing $15.

So I just said, "Lord, You'll have to go get that offering from McDonald's, because I am not going back there and have them look at me like I'm trying to steal $15."

I got to see a lot of great friends, and had the opportunity to get to know some of the newer ladies to our church group. That to me is the best part of the retreat - the bonding, new inside jokes, the overeating of many, MANY Reese's eggs.

(By the way, if you leave a Reese's egg under a van seat with the heat on, it will look like the Reese's rabbit laid a turd, not an egg.)

The best part was my family waiting at the church to take me away to dinner. And, this is the first year I've ever looked for something to bring home to a child. That was so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment