Friday, December 9, 2011

Don't look now but I think I captured that elusive waistline on film

I found my camera!

More accurately, Zachary found my camera.  Apparently the place I put it where I'd never forget it and the kids would never find it - was behind this little divider behind my modem and router at the back of the desk.

There's no telling what else is back there.

The desk is the one stationary piece of furniture in the house.  We (meaning Chris) had to screw it back together when we moved in.  We had some friends help us - one being a guy whoI affectionately refer to as The Hulk, or sometimes That Guy Who Made My Dining Room Table Into A True Scratch And Dent Item.

I've been perusing the Craigslist for a new-to-me dining room set for a few months.  I'd like to find an 8 seater normal height table, preferably with a hutch or a buffet included.  We have four chairs, and already have five in our family.  For awhile we had our spare two-seater in the dining room, but I moved it back downstairs.  Since we rarely eat together due to Chris's work schedule, it's pretty much first come first served when it comes to chairs at the table.

So we definitely need more seating at the table, and since my old set is pretty banged up now, I'm tossing around the wording to sell it on Craigslist too.

"Counter-height table for sale. Four chairs. Seats eight but I only bought four chairs. The four chairs we have are encrusted with God knows what.  Needs a power wash and possibly an orbital sander. The bolts holding the legs on the chairs are tenuous at best; my two year old unscrews them at the most inopportune times."

Segway.

So I found my camera.  That black hole behind my desk sucked the camera in sometime after Father's Day. Gracie is so little in that picture.  That dress went to her ankles - now it barely grazes her knees.  I can't bear to part with it though, so it's hanging on the wall in her bedroom.  So I can look at it daily.


Oh, and check out me trying to show off the paint job upstairs.  Sometime in May.  Right before I wasted four months of hard work losing weight and got pregnant again. 


So I took it with me to the annual Ladies Banquet tonight. This was my 13th banquet, and I was so desperate to go I paid a 12-year-old to watch the kids. She was wonderful and she's totally hired.

Forever friends. Oh, and yes that's a blue ribbon on my sweater. I was on a winning team.


2 comments:

KarenK said...

Oh, Liz. I will never get tired of reading your blog.

Your waistline will return, I promise. You'll be so busy with all of those kids you'll never sleep, you'll forget to eat, and when you do you'll eat standing up with one hand-- truly an aerobic exercise. :) Just kidding (but not about the waistline, it'll be back).

Valerie said...

I just love your posts!! You look good mama!!

Post a Comment