Tuesday, July 5, 2011

IT'S SO BRIGHT IN HERE I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO SHOUT TO BE HEARD

Last week we began the painting downstairs.  After living with it for a few days, I'm more in love with the Amazon Stone than ever before, and Feather Plume and I are in the last fumes of our relationship.  

I'm going to break up with it for Creek Bend.  He's a cousin of Amazon Stone, and they look great together on the paint chip.  So calm. No drama.

We'll leave the Feather Plume in the play room for the kids, but it will be heavily decorated with game boards and the like to TONE DOWN ALL OF THE SUNSHINE.

Which brings me to Curtain Fabric Choice #2 - I think that's what I'm going to go with in the family room area. It's girly, it's neutral, and will flow with the YELLOW SUNSHINE over in the other room. Also it will still go with the black biker chick furniture my family is currently adoring.

And I can go with Choice #1 for a pocket sling for the new baby.
 ...................................................................................

We have lovely names chosen for boy or girl. Gabriel Anthony or Reagan Elizabeth.  Splenda has been asking what the baby's blog name will be, but I don't know yet.  I'm tossing around the idea of discontinuing use of the Lemony names and just going with our real names again.  The crazy and the drama seems to have backed off quite a bit. 

And also a few months ago I had a relatively good friend introduce us as "The Lemons - no, The [Former Last Name]s" --- awkward silence ---   I was mortified but he was WAY more embarrassed.  I laughed to help cover his shame, but still - I have had way too many last names, real and faux.  We'll see.  
 ...................................................................................

So we have a cat now.  Splenda was planning to rename it Charity, but a cat who has answered to Cooper for 3 years will not easily change her ways.  I twittered that Pinky is calling her Pooper,  she hasn't quite got the hard "c" sound down yet.  

1 comment:

K said...

So I'm popping into blogland for a minute...and realize I somehow missed the post where you announced your pregnancy! Congratulations...and I love, love, love the names. I wanted Reagan for our future girl, but DH vetoed it because he's crazy. ;)

Post a Comment