Any time I am expecting company, I take that opportunity to rearrange my furniture.
Is that weird? I mean, our family is coming on Christmas and a) some of them have never seen our house at all, so they would never know the difference and b) none of them care if the couch and recliner are positioned at the perfect angle for maximum line-of-sight to where the 42" flat-screen TV that we haven't bought yet will be situated.
Plus, the kitchen set that the tots received for Christmas (early! it's in the garage so Mr Lemon can assemble it! Christmas Eve!) needed a home, so I had to think about that.
And now you have a peek into the conversation I just had with my husband, interspersed with "don't forget to get the numbers for Splenda's birthday cake tomorrow because I already forgot them while I was out earlier," and "why on earth is Zesty screaming in his bath again?"
So basically, yada yada yada, and some blah blah blah.
Splenda is turning 13 tomorrow. She just left to go to the mall with Sis Pastor's Wife and various other 13 year old girls. ::sniff, sniff:: I am alternating between happy she's going to have a good time with some girls I have seen grow up from diapers, and sad because we really do not have much more time with her until she is old enough to get in the car and go to the mall herself. And then I go back to happy because ... there's not much more time until she is old enough to get in the car and go to the mall herself.
Speaking of time flying when you are having fun, Zesty is loving his new-to-us toddler bed. He has been climbing out of his crib for well over a month now on a regular basis, but I think that climbing transition phase was a good thing. I was able to make it extremely clear to his little rear-end that climbing out of bed at night or during naptime was unacceptable. Honestly, I only had to spank him one day for that, but several times a day now, he will say "Don't get out of the bed ... get a spankin ... wait until Mommy gets me." He knows his limits, and knows to not come upstairs until it isn't dark "houtside" anymore.
Pinky is saying so many words! She says taters, baba for baby, she pants like a puppy if you talk about puppies, and today I taught her to meow. TOO CUTE. She decidedly does not like for me to fix her hair, but that's just too bad.
1 comment:
You are channelling your grandmother! I cannot believe how many time you tell about rearranging your furniture!!!
I, however, can barely wait for you all to get here so that I can listen to Pinky's vocabulary and have fun with Zesty. I want Splenda to tell me all about her shopping trip. And I want to hug all of you about ten or a hundred times.
Post a Comment