My WHOLE house, as Zesty calls it. He has the following conversation nearly every time we pull up to the driveway. "Mommy's WHOLE --- house! Zesty's OWN --- woom! Pinky's OWN --- woom! Splenda's OWN --- woom --- and showow! Spot!"
Yes. There is a dog named Spot next door. I'm just so glad they have a dog for him to visit.
And yes. Zesty pauses with the possessive adjectives. For funz to see if my brain was complete mush after the whirlwind summer we've had, I googled "possessive adjectives," and I WAS RIGHT.
Mom and Dad came down this weekend to explore, and of course ... Dad spots the only yard sale in a 5 mile radius and it's RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER. So Mr Lemon and Dad went off in the truck and came back triumphantly toting two darkly stained kitchen cabinets for the grand price of $10. He claimed them for the utility room, and then went to work Monday morning.
So did I. I cleaned one up, brought it upstairs, and took out the bottom shelf in the big pantry. The cabinet fits perfectly, with an inch or two spare on each side to store my Swiffer-lite and the top tray to Pinky's booster seat.
Ooo la la! I even measured to be sure I could double stack my canned goods when I was adjusting the shelves inside the cabinet.
He can have the other cabinet for the utility room. That's marital compromise at it's finest, ladies and gentlemen.
.............................................................
Splenda is LOVING going to school up here. Her teachers are all so great and supportive. She has issues in math, and they have a very experienced math teacher who is there specifically to give one on one support to struggling students. She has really progressed, and we're very thankful that she was able to start the year in the right school district for her needs. She even managed to get out of P.E. for the whole year.
::snicker:: Funny memory just hit me: I had mono going into my eighth grade year and wasn't allowed to participate in P.E. for the first semester. I recall after that trying to tell the gym teacher that "my spleen was hurting today, I won't be able to play..." I don't even know where my spleen is, I just heard my doctor mention it and thought it would make a great excuse to avoid the humiliation of being picked last every time.
She has made some friends, and a few of them live in the neighborhood. I'm very happy about that, it makes the adjustment that much smoother for her.
............................................................
Pinky is adjusting well to her own bedroom. I'm adjusting well to her own bedroom. The closet is set up perfectly for a little girlie. I can't wait to show pictures after I decorate. So many plans! I do think I can decorate both her room and Zesty's room for under $200 though. (Don't hold me to that number, pleaseandthankyou.)
I have to say
.............................................................
Zesty - he is an outside boy now. Yesterday was a two-bath-alarm-day. My favorite kind! I shudder to think about this winter when he will have to stay inside on the coldest/wettest days. I can see snowboots in his future. He's enjoying the sandbox so much that I think I will get a small one to put in the garage for the winter. We can guarantee there won't be any neighborhood "prizes" left in it that way.

2 comments:
We really enjoyed exploring your new digs! I think the cabinet looks great in your pantry.
There was an identical sandbox at that yard sale. I tried to talk your hubby into buying it.
It did me good to get away from work for a Saturday. It was so good to see you & the family. I'm glad your momma pointed her finger in my face and said "You will call off work on Saturday!"
Post a Comment