Saturday, June 5, 2010

My Dream Home

These are some things I want in my dream home someday.

Plate rack in the cupboard

Custom Cupboards Plate Rack

I like this because dishes would not get scratched; the plates would be part of the decor without overpowering; easy for Splenda to put away.

Two washers and two dryers ... I was a guest in someone's home once who had two washers and two dryers, and I just think Mr Lemon would truly enjoy doing laundry twice as fast.


My own bathroom Yes, I do mean my OWN bathroom.  Separate from everyone else. I would love that. If you have your own bathroom that no one else uses, please do not tell me because I'd hate to be jealous of you.

Bathroom design service

Well, maybe not that spacious.  But still - mine.  MINE.

(Don't judge me. It's my blog, and my dream home.)

An office with space for everyone to spread out. A formal dining room would be great for this, because we are not formal anything, but it would still be a central location.  I love what OHMommy has done to her office.  

A crafting room ... or corner ... I'd settle for a table I can use to permanently set up my sewing machine. Actually, now that I think about it, this desk I'm using right now would be ideal for this purpose.  Next time I sew something, I'll just clear off the monitor and keyboard and test the waters.  

An open floor plan so that we can entertain easily.  I'd love to have a garage with a loft apartment to be able to entertain overnight guests such as my nieces and nephews.  And then someday Zesty can just live right next door to Momma and bring me my morning meds and take me to WalMart every day.

What does your dream house look like?  Feel free to write a post of your own and put your link in the comments.  It's been a few minutes since I did a meme or link fest. 


PS - I googled these pictures.  Sorry.  It's late at night and I have no idea where I got them. 

6 comments:

K said...

This was way fun. =) http://gloriousuniqueness.blogspot.com/

Jewel said...

Liz...in all honesty, I'm living in my dreamhome BUT I would love to have someone come in and CLEAN it thoroughly from top to bottom and organize everything!
Then I'd like to have the ceiling in the den refinished.
I'd like to have a new tile backsplash in my kitchen AND a new range hood AND a new range.
I'd also like to have the front bedroom redone so that it could be a combination sewing/craft room for me and play room for Jaylon.
I don't want a bigger, newer house. I love ours. I would just like to have a few things fixed up really nicely. Ed and I are getting too old and tired to do any more. :-) It's just the truth. :-)
Oh, and I have always thought I'd like to have a plate rack, too!

~Denise said...

oh lawdy! When I get a few minutes to sit down and put some thoughts together and do some of my own google-ing; I am so doing this kind of blog post! Thanks for the idea! I thoroughly enjoyed the tour of your home. ;)

Anonymous said...

What about the yard? I want Lilac Bushes, Peonies, Roses, and lots nd lots of fruit trees.

Definitely an ingroud pool that in an all season room.
Jodi

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am drooling at the thought of having my own bathroom!!!! We only have 1 1/2 baths and some Sunday morning all 5 of us AND the cat are in the bathroom. No fun. At all.

Mrs. NB

snb-the glamourista said...

i am totally on board with the plate rack. i think those are awesome!!

Post a Comment