We took the kids to the zoo Saturday. We were supposed to include Splenda's BFF, but due to a dramatic adolescent argument, we punished Splenda by sending her friend home. Then we made a Very Parental Decision to not let Splenda's Drama ruin our plans for the zoo, and took the kids anyways.
That may sound like we rewarded bad behavior, but trust me when I say Splenda regretted her choice to pitch a fit about every other minute when she wished J was with her there. It was a Very Parental Moment when we had her apologize to J's parents for disrupting their day.
It was also a Very Parental Moment when we parked the car at the zoo and I took Pinky out of the carseat only to realize she'd had a blowout. I had to strip her down in 60 degree weather in the trunk of the car. The only extra clothes I'd brought was a short-sleeved onesie ... so she was content to be in the sling all day purely so that her fat lil' legs were covered.
Remind me to tell you about the ten minutes I wasted yesterday.
okay
I've been tossing around the idea of starting to potty train Zesty. He's been telling us for awhile now when he has soiled his diaper, and has even sat on the potty a few times.
But ever since he sat on the potty a couple weeks ago and I dropped him in, he's been a leetle reluctant to sit on the potty.
I had the fantastic idea to set an alarm on my phone every thirty minutes to take him to the potty. So I searched Verizon Wireless to see if there was a potty training app to help out with that, since the iPhone has one. No VW app, but there are a lot of "potty" ringtones.
Go ahead. Search. Listen.
Now tell me that wasn't hilarious.
I spent ten minutes listening to the different potty flush ringtones available.
Wouldn't you just love to have that as a ringback? Think about it.
By the way, I did not take him to the potty today. He remembers that I dropped him in.
9 comments:
At least you didn't flush after you dropped him in. He would have been traumatized forever.
BTW, I think you handled the Splenda & J episode very well! I bet she'll think twice about fighting with her friend before an outing again!
And therefore the reason I am a proponent of potty chairs. The hole is not big enough for them to fall through, so they don't have to fear it. I know they take up extra space and that they are a pain to keep clean, but the benefits outweigh the pain for beginning potty-trainers.
Just your mom talking. You don't have to listen if you don't want to.
Funny stuff:) Gotta love reminiscing parental joys.
Mr. Lemon
Mom - I always listen when you talk. Z just would rather climb on the big potty.
Oh my, Baby J ran towards the potty with such momentum the other day that he landed with one arm in it (I pulled him out just in time)...
Perhaps try a seat that goes onto the potty and his a bit more his size?
I agree w/cjoy! My kids would never use the potty chairs so we got the little padded seat that fits on the big toilet and they all loved it!!
Enjoy!
Amy S.
PS - ask Emma about the time she decided to "go potty all by herself" and fell in and couldn't get out!!!! LOL Fun times!!! ;)
Oh. My. Word. What a day!!! :) Sounds like it was crazy! Not having anything else for my daughter to wear sounds like something I would do (have done). :) Glad you had the sling along!
wow, how traumatic. his momma tried to give him a swirly!! that made me laugh. it sounds like something that may happen to me one day.
Post a Comment