Child.
Pre-teen.
Child.
Pre-teen.
It's a pendulum with Splenda these days.
Mr Lemon almost literally had to peel some tank tops off of her Saturday when he learned they hadn't been washed for several days. But the next morning, she was all accessorized, and wanted her hair fixed like the teenagers at church.
Sunday afternoon while the choir was practicing, she and her partner in crime J played outside, and consequently she fell in the mud.
By chance J had an extra skirt in her mom's car, so you'd think it would work out fine.
But then Splenda put on that nice, clean, DRY skirt ... with her wet skirt on top.
That sound you just heard? was my eyeballs rolling across the floor, propelled out of my head by the sheer force of holding in my howling laughter.
To her credit, she didn't have a complete and total meltdown when I told her there was no time to take her home to change, she'd just have to deal with it and take a bath when we got home. And to her dad's credit, he allowed her to just learn her lesson about playing outside in the mud in dress clothes.
4 comments:
And my memory INSTANTLY!! reverted to a certain Sunday afternoon when you, Sica, and two friends went a-playing, and then filled the bathtub AND toilet with the mud of your attempted clean-up.
Yep, pre-teen girls are quite the pendulum!
Glad you were able to hold the laughter in. As Nana, I'm not sure I would have. (Not sure I would have tried either!)
I must say she handled it quite well considering she obsessed over what to wear for hours and then it was covered in mud. I too was trying not to laugh. Growing pains. You gotta love'em.
Mr.Lemon
Pre-teens, lived through the drama. And yes, when your mother & I were alone, howled about it. "But you don't understand, I looove, him"
Just be glad that she didn't introduce Zesty to the joys of mud on a Sunday afternoon.
BTW- you had better have someone roll your eyeballs back to you, you'll probably need them again.
All I can think of is: One day this will be MY daughter!!! I am fearful of the future. I can hardly handle my own pendulum!!
YIKES!!
Mrs. NB
Post a Comment