We didn't start out to be co-sleepers.
In fact, when Zesty was born, we were adamant that he be in his own crib from the get go. That decision has come back to bite us more than a few times, because now he does not sleep well at all if he's not in his own crib. Traveling overnight is more headache than enjoyment, and the cute kid sleeping under the pew at church is ... not mine.
Pinky, on the other hand - she will not sleep if she's not being held or in the car. Movement + snuggling or snuggling + heartbeat. That seems to be the formula for a good night's sleep around here. One night I put a little bit of cereal in a bottle and she did sleep 1 1/2 hours longer than usual. But the last two nights Mr Lemon has been away, so I just let her sleep with me. She didn't even wake up to nurse before 6am.
crap.
The problem is that she's just so sweet to wake up next to. I open my eyes, and her little round face is RIGHT THERE. Then she wiggles around, stretching, squeezing her eyes as tight as possible ... the heartstrings, they are pulled.
And I'm sure it doesn't help that I bought new *fleece!* sheets last week, so it's extra snuggly in Momma's bed for the winter.
6 comments:
I'm tellin' ya, that second one throws ya for a loop!
We never ever not once let Sugar sleep with us. That was the plan from the get-go. We were adamant that Spice would never ever sleep with us either. A week into her life I wanted to remember what sleep was like and we decided she may as well sleep with us.
Hallelujah!
It lasted only a week but I was still so embarrassed that I said my child would NEVER sleep with us and there she was. All snuggly with me.
We also said no pacifiers either. Spice is almost two with that blasted thing in her mouth.
Sigh...
Live and learn I s'pose. Good thing Josh and I have decided two's enough, can't imagine what else would happen with number three that we said would NEVER happen.
Can you mobey wrap Pinky to a "heartbeat bear"? Just wondering
Girl, co-sleeping is awesome. We didn't set out to be co-sleepers either but OMW it makes life sooo much easier!! We were hooked from the first night home with Chanel. People have been co-sleeping long before cribs were invented because it works!! Oh yeah, waking up next to a little cuddlebug? Delish! <3 <3 <3
I had to sleep in my pumpkin seat in my crib...and my dad would 'rock' the crib by kicking it (my mom worked nights). Even now I sometimes have to kick my own foot to cause movement to go to sleep. :) I say whatever works, let it work so everyone is happy.
I am neither for nor against co-sleeping in general, by the way. Keep discussing (but be nice if you disagree, okeedokee?)
Can offer no advice. I've sleep trained three to their own beds but #4 is messing with me big time. ONly she doesn't sleep any better beside me. It's just that I don't have to get out of bed to get her when she wakes and she snuggles in better after a feeding. And she is cute to wake up next to, no doubt about it. Also knows how to hog an entire queen bed at age five months. Huge sigh.
Post a Comment