Thursday, December 3, 2009

You're right, babe. You're so right.

Last night my husband and I were groaning about our various aches and pains in our bones.

(Mine are from giving birth. His are from old age.)

I announced, "Well, I get the first appointment with the chiropractor. I just had a baby."

See how I play that card? after 3 hours of mediocre labor before I got my epidural?

It is an ace in my sleeve.

Mr Lemon whined, "...but you got to lay down while you pushed the baby out. I had to STAND the whole time."

Really? That eternally long four minutes of standing earns you the first chiropractor appointment?

11 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

No worries... he will NEVER win that arguement ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jeana said...

That comment should earn him the first chiropractor appointment, after you get through with him.

MotherT said...

It's a good thing he didn't make that comment when I could reach him! =)

sweet mama entropy said...

oh my, hilarious!

K said...

I do believe the Labor card trumps all. =)

Code Yellow Mom said...

THIS is hilarious. And I might add that if the four minutes of standing thing DID hold water (or lemonade, as the case may be), you still have the nine months of gestation bonus card. :)

~Denise said...

While the epidural may make you not FEEL the pain while the birth is actually happening... it in fact is still happening and your body is adjusting to moving a person out! Momma ALWAYS gets the chiro visit first. Since I had my babies 'the easy way' via c section I don't have a 'labor card' but I do have a 'they cut open my stomach and pulled my organs out and then a person and then shoved everything back in and sewed up my muscle and skin' card. That one works pretty good too! :)

Valerie said...

Labor always trumps anything else! Pregnancy should earn you extra points too. This is so funny!! I hope you and Mr. Lemon get all you aches fixed soon.

By-the-way, I love the new header, so cute and festive!

~cjoy said...

How funny!

By the way, I tagged you for a meme the other day! :)

*Posh* said...

I'm not sayin nothin

Jewel said...

Oh, Mr. Lemon, Mr. Lemon.....you should have known better. You should have just made your own appt., went on your lunch hour and had it done with. I have a feeling you may be paying for this for some time! You are outnumbered, you know...at least here in blogdom! *smile*

Post a Comment