Sunday, December 27, 2009

I need hot chocolate and other random observations

I think my daughter and her daughter are twins separated at birth ... and a few months ... and an ocean and half a continent ... Pinky is just not really satisfied if I'm not holding her. She's okay with other women. She'll take her Dad if he insists. Yes, I know why. But, as my doctor said this week, there are worse things than spoiling a newborn.

Right now I'm not sure what those worse things are, unless it's a worldwide shortage of chocolate and never ending Christmas music. But then that's just the sleep deprivation talking.

I have a lot of things I need to schedule this upcoming month. An eye exam for contacts, some cavities to be filled, and a tubal ligation. Yes, you read that right. We're done with having babies.

When we got married we said Four babies! Four babies and a big sister would be such a delightful household!

Then we had Zesty. Three babies would be great! Two close together and then a little tag-a-long ... sweet.

Then we had Pinky. And there are soooo many times I am outnumbered with the ratio of diapers to Momma. I started thinking that in a few years, would I really want to have another baby? Do I really want to go back to diapers after Pinky is potty trained? Aren't three kids who have no volume control enough for two parents?

Yes. Yes ma'am it is.

And so, it is finished. There are five of us.

Awkward segue.

How was your Christmas? I just realized right this moment that I didn't eat any cheeseball all weekend long. Next year I will be certain to make up for that error.

Zesty is recovering from all of the excitement and frenzy of the weekend. We had three days of Christmas, so it's going to be a very slow week of recuperation. The only thing on my list of things to do before Wednesday night church is to take down that Christmas tree.

Awkward segue #2.

I've had a delightful break from most of my music department duties since the end of October. Choir is starting back up again in a month, and I'm so ready to get back to normal with that. I have a nice long tradition of working on choir music on Sunday afternoons while the rest of my family naps and stays out of my way. Whoa, did I say that out loud? Anyway, I've got a great line-up of songs to teach, which means I have a great line-up of songs to learn first.

3 comments:

MotherT said...

And I promise I won't say "I told you so" about the two in diapers at the same time thing! You and Mr. Lemon do make beautiful babies, though. And it was so much fun getting to see all 5 of you at the same time Saturday.

Have a peaceful, boring week. See you Friday.

Sarah said...

A tubal ligation?! Can you make an appt for me too? Wanna go together? Think they'd give us a two-for-one deal?

Maybe I'll ask for one for Valentine's Day.

Code Yellow Mom said...

"awkward segue" made me laugh. all three times.

I do have to say that I was secretly pulling for another "sprite." But it does get to the point where you just have to go for quality, not quantity. Things do get a tiny bit easier when they are older and can entertain one another, but the starting again with diapers can truly be a soul-wearying thought. And when the baby is literally sucking the daylights out of you? Yep. You just got to know when to say when. :) All that to say, I hear ya. I hear ya.

Post a Comment