Cubed raw potatoes
Chicken broth
Parsley flakes
Evaporated Milk
Butter
S&P to taste
Mmmm, my favorite things - butter, milk, and potatoes! You'll notice that I didn't put any measurements up there. I used 5-6 medium sized potatoes, and poured in just enough chicken broth to cover them, sprinkled some parsley flakes on top. Add onions, if that's your thing. My Mom likes to saute her onions in butter until translucent before adding them to the soup because Dad doesn't like to know that he's eating onions. Boil until fork tender, drain.
Add butter, and enough evaporated milk to cover completely once you've drained the potatoes. Plenty of salt and pepper, too. Add bacon bits or ham, if you like your soup meaty. I do! I've also had it with italian sausage, and that is ridiculously good. Bring soup to a boil again, and then simmer until ready to serve. Stir often. OFTEN. I also add more salt and pepper just whenever I feel like it.
Top with shredded cheese and try not to eat it all in one sitting.
2 comments:
And then she cheated, and added some butter 'n herb instant potatoes to thicken it because it just looked so good, she wanted to eat it sooner. The end.
Thanks for making me want potato soup. I didnt have the time tonight to make it so I have settled for Cream of Crab soup , not the same.
Post a Comment