So was your Mother's Day everything Hallmark said it should be?
I got my celebration started early by putting Zesty to bed around 7:30 pm on Saturday, then crawling into bed and whining piteously to Mr Lemon on the phone that I couldn't keep my eyes open one! more! moment!
"Did you put pajamas on him?"
"Noooooo!"
silence
"Did you even put a nighttime diaper on him?"
"Noooooooooo!"
"o...kay."
Then I felt bad and got up and put pajamas on him and a nighttime diaper, and went back to bed. I didn't even put pajamas on me. Mr Lemon came home around midnight from work, and I was still wearing my jean skirt. I'm surprised I wasn't still wearing my brand new pink Skechers that my H&R Block bonus bought me.
So, you see, going to bed around 8 pm on Saturday was just the Mother's Day present I needed. I was good and energized for Sunday, and showed my appreciation by frying some pork chops, and cooking green beans and mashed potatoes for my husband and his mother. Mr Lemon repotted our plants for us while we destroyed the kitchen. She made the cornbread, and when I whined (see a theme here?) about not having any tea made, she made some sweet tea too. It was a feast. A very enjoyable day.
And then I had to admit to my mom that I a) barely bought her card in time and b) did not mail it in time. I come by that honestly though, because she didn't have any stamps, and I'll be lucky to get my mother's day card from her by my birthday.
Which, in case you were wondering, is in 3 weeks and 4 days.
4 comments:
I graduate a few days after your birthday. I love your birthday.
Not true!!! I mailed your card yesterday morning just like I said I would! If the postal service works correctly you should get it Wednesday.
Sleep is a fabulous Mother's Day gift. Sounds like you had a nice Mothers Day.
All I have to say is that I am relieved that I am not the only woman who whines...and I wonder where my kids get it from.
Sometimes a girl just needs to whine.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Post a Comment