It's Mama Lovelock's birthday today!
Something that has amazed me is how you can have friends at different stages of your life.
Valerie and I met at Gateway 12 years ago. We weren't real close, but we were friends. She got married after our first year, and didn't visit the school too often during my sophomore year. Then I got married and moved far far away. But once you have been to Bible college with someone, even if it is for just a semester, your hearts are bound together. You live together, eat together, pray together, procrastinate together, lament about your crushes together, skip class together, set off fire alarms together ... oh wait, I'm telling on myself now ...
Over time, I heard through the grapevine about her baby boy passing away, and it broke my heart, but again ... I didn't feel like I knew her well enough to contact her in such a time of grief. Just prayed from a distance for my heart-friend.
When we became reacquainted about a year ago through the blog, I was so excited! Zesty and Daniel are just a few weeks apart. Now we've been through birth together, breastfeeding together, cloth diapering together, blogging together ... we've exchanged phone numbers but never have a chance to call each other. Our hearts are bound together.
And so, Valerie, happy [ahem] 23rd birthday. May your day be filled with all of God's blessings, and may you be blessed with many children, and a lifetime supply of runnerless pantyhose.
No comments:
Post a Comment