Monday, April 6, 2009

Rice Krispies with a touch of the Moron Extract

We went to visit my folks this week for two days, and I had a grand project for my sister and I to do.

(When we went up at Christmas, I had a grand project for us to do - making buckeyes - and we never got around to it. I was determined this time. DET-ER-MINED.)

Mr Lemon and I had been discussing Easter goodies, and I got the bright idea to buy some Rice Krispie Treats and vanilla frosting, color the frosting, and decorate those treats like Easter eggs. Sica agreed that would be a good thing. You know you have to taste each color, and The Worm doesn't like icing, so she knew she could put A LOT of icing on those suckers and she would get to lick it all off for him.

Hey. No judging. You have to take the perks of motherhood where you get them.

Our pallet:


First we unwrapped the Rice Krispie Treats. That is an important step. The packaging will get stuck in your teeth otherwise.

To begin, we used a small paring knife to trim the corners to make them eggy shaped, but then we realized they were easily squeezed into shape.

Like so.



Cutting a small hole in the corner of the frosting baggies gave us our oh-so-FANCY frosting tips.


Mr Lemon correctly guessed three out of four I decorated. Funny. I must be very predictable or something.

What's your egg decorating strategy?

The Moron Extract

While we were hunting for Mom's food coloring, we had to look through her Cabinet O' Spices. I have maybe 10 or 12 spice bottles. She has approximately eleventy billion. I can fit all of my dishes in the cabinet that she houses her spices.

Sica and I are looking in the cabinet for the food coloring, and I saw the last two letters of an extract and exclaimed, "Does that say MORON EXTRACT?"

It was LEMON. Not MORON.

But for the rest of the day whenever we did something dumb, we just chalked it up to the Moron Extract. Mom's gotta keep that stuff under lock and key.

8 comments:

Amy Smallwood said...

I saw an ad for Rice Krispy cereal and they showed taking Rice Krispy treats, shaping them into eggs (not like you did, but the full shape of an egg) dipped half of it in chocolate and dipped in sprinkles. So cute!! I think I just might try it this week.

Boy Mom said...

Cute, I bet you could make 3D eggs if you made your own batch of Rice Krispy treats. On second thought...I must have got hold of some of that Moron extract.

Rebecca said...

I find it humorous that you mistook your own name for the word moron.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Those are some very cute Easter Krispie Treats. Great idea!

I think I have a spice rack like your mom's. And I think Moron extract gets put into a lot of things around here. :)

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I loved "the packaging will get stuck in your teeth". It sounds like something I would say. :-}

Does the name of your blog now become "Moronade Living"?

Valerie said...

LOL!!! That was hilarious!! Loved your cute little Easter Eggs! Thanks for the laugh, I needed one today.

NOBODY said...

I'm with Muffin, that's hilarious.

And good call just squeezing the krispies. That way, no marshmallowy goodness was lost to the trimming and shaping.

Still think it's hilarious you thought it said Moron.

NOBODY said...

oh yeah---cute eggs.

Post a Comment