Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mysteries of parenting

Why?

Why do kids who have a gazillion different toys start digging through the trash to play with my discarded ice cream sandwich wrapper?

And why is the trash such a treasure trove of snacks that he previously rejected? Maybe they taste better after being thrown away?

He "dances" by shaking his head around, and today - I'm not sure - but I think he's dancing to get out of trouble. I swatted his bottom after telling him to get out of the trash, and he started dancing and grinning.

Turkey. Turkey.

7 comments:

chantell said...

Hey, Mrs. Lemon,

Just thought I'd share a dream I had. Let me preface this by saying I have bizarre dreams all the time and don't put any stock into them, but I thought you'd get a kick out of it.

I dreamt that you changed Zesty with a little cloth diaper, but that it was too big for him, and as soon as you were done, he stood up and started jumping around and wiggling his little bottom and it slid right off.

It was hilarious! I don't know why your blog entered into my dreams . . . maybe a sign that I'm on the Internet too much? lol.

Liz said...

It was probably a prophetic dream.

mommy4life said...

Ah yes. My toddler is currently playing with spoons and jar openers and the dishwasher basket we use for sippy cup parts. The trash is also her favorite treasure chest. Why bother with toys, they are for the simple-minded....

Carrie Miller said...

My little digger likes digging in my nightstand draw. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't pull nearly everything out, one by one, and throw it over his shoulders. I'm thinking about emptying it out and putting his toys in there.

Boy Mom said...

Such a little cutie. It must be the independence of sifting through the trash for tasty treasures. Fortunately they seem to survive.

Unknown said...

I spend a fair amount of money on toys, indestructible decorations, and other things for the kids, yet they insist on digging in our nightstand drawers, vanity cabinets, and other places where kids are not supposed to be. I do not understand it. However, I think the fault lies with me - I am the idiot who continues to buy them stuff that they will never be interested in.

the Ogre said...

I think Chantell's remark is deja vu!! remember Dad and my diaper changes?

Post a Comment