Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My new crush

I'm not much of a diaper bag person, really.

It took me a long time to decide last year what I wanted, and then when it came time to buy it, it was discontinued. We found a great substitute, which has worked well for us for the last 12+ months. However, I've noticed that the cold pocket inside is peeling, and the bottom of the bag is getting scuffed, and it's just time for a new one.

I also had never really liked Vera Bradley purses because I thought they all looked like diaper bags, long before I needed diaper bags.

But one day late last summer I saw an awesome red paisley VB diaper bag at a children's consignment store. Unfortunately I was taking clothes there to get cash, and my choices that day were a) buy a new diaper bag or b) buy baby food. I bought baby food.

I should have bought the diaper bag. Baby food is cheap.

And since then, I haven't found another diaper bag that strikes my fancy. I also have not struck gold, and will not be buying a brand new VB diaper bag.

Yesterday, amidst the screaming and crying and whining that Zesty did ALL.THE.LIVELONG.DAY. I researched some diaper bag patterns online and found this beauty:

CraftApple - The Diaper Bag Pattern

I pink puffy heart this diaper bag with fluffy sprinkled frosting on top. And maybe some colored sugar to make it sparkly.

I thought about asking my mom to sew it for me, because I'm so impatient, and following directions isn't a strength any of my school report cards noted. If it's not a simple skirt with two darts and a zipper, I'm not likely to finish it.

But I think ... I think I can do this one! Wouldn't it be fun to have a new diaper bag with some matching burp cloths for Sprite? Wouldn't it be a fun baby shower gift to give away?

5 comments:

KarenK said...

I love that pattern, too. I almost ordered it a couple of times but decided not to in the end. Have fun with it!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Love that diaper bag, as well!

I tried to carry diaper bags my husband wouldn't mind carting around...well, until I had the girl. It was then that I gave in to my love of all things pink. Honestly, Nurse Boy had had enough practice by then and would still be willing to carry the pink bag.

Mrs.

Code Yellow Mom said...

Oh my goodness that's adorable. I'm not a fan of diaper bags myself, but THAT ONE, I could do. Hmmmm. :)

Anonymous said...

Have you checked Ebay. Nice and in expensive

Vera Bradley

Liz said...

Hallelujah, Vera commented on my blog. I have arrived.

Post a Comment