Quick commercial - H&R Block is having a cool event this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday only. Bring in your (non-H&R Block prepared) 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 tax returns, and we will give you a professional second opinion - FREE!
Well, someone will. I'm busy this weekend and can't work.
But I contributed to my office's effort by making a window sign that any kindergartner would be proud of.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also showed up to a meeting at church yesterday an hour and a half ... early. Yay for me and my fancy new phone with the fancy calendar.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sprite (not the drink - the unborn child) is definitely different than Zesty. I went the whole pregnancy with Zesty only getting sick when we all had the Christmas Plague That We Will Not Speak Of.
However. The last week to week and a half - at least once a day I feel nauseated. If I eat as soon as I notice I'm not well, I'll be okay. But if I wait until I'm starving, the food just makes it worse.
I realize that is pretty minimal, and those of you out there who pregnancy does not agree with - I'm sorry for being a whinybutt on the interwebs. I don't throw up though. It just sits there, churning and rolling, and churning and rolling, until I wish I were throwing up.
I would prefer a nap every day, but I don't usually get it.
I also will not be able to get away with wearing my regular church clothes up until the seventh month this time. We just won't talk about that right now, though. My fancy new red dress is starting to be too tight, and I just bought it last month. LAST MONTH. In a week or so I'm going to hijack my sister's maternity clothes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've started to consider how I'll handle the stroller situation with two under Two. I'd like to wear this baby in a Moby wrap more than I wore Zesty. We had a harness type thing that was not very easily adjustable, and adjustable is necessary with a plus size Momma and a slender size Daddy. I've been thinking that until Sprite is able to sit up in a stroller, I'll plan to wear him/her and push Zesty in the stroller. Then, I'll look at a side-by-side double stroller. Any brand suggestions out there? And any stroller brands feel like sponsoring a growing family by sending us one free? Anyone? Class? Anyone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And before I close, I'd just like to give a shout-out to my husband who did all of the laundry yesterday, including washing, drying, and restuffing the diapers. He rocks my world, and deserves an interwebby high-five from all my friends.
12 comments:
I'd like to feel sorry for you and your once o' day nausea but I cannot. I was the puke all dayer for five months straight type of pregnant girl. Pregnancy thoughts give me the shivers.
As for the double stroller, to each her own, but it drives me UP THE WALL when I run into someone who has a side by side double stroller. They take up so much dang room. I love my double stroller and that it fits into aisles whereas a side by side...not so much.
My two cents. You can give me my change later. =)
I spent both pregnancies horribly ill, I cringe just thinking about it. My doctor reccommended benedryl. Apparently it has mild antinausea properties without the side effects of other morning sickness drugs. My sister had a prescription and stopped throwing up but continued to wish she could. the benedryl did alleviate the worst of the nausea as did the acid reflux med they put me on. A great side effect of the benedryl, I started sleeping through the night without waking. Nice to prep for that baby. As for the stroller, I would caution you about the double wide. They are just too wide for some store aisles and crowds. We had a double stroller for our girls who were about 22 months apart and it worked great. I think it was a century. It was single file and if I didn't wear the baby in the snuggie I set her infant carseat in the rear seat of the stroller. That worked pretty well. I thought the double wide ones would be best too, but a friend gave me hers so I used it and my sister got the double wide and it just was hard to maneuver in stores and even when we went to a parade in downtown Lawrence KS. Also it was harder to drive because of the width. Turning etc. I am sure you'll find one that works for you. I suggest you go to someplace like the baby depot at burlington coat factory and test drive a few. Take your sister and put zesty and the new baby in it to see how it does. then come home and froogle the lowest price on the one you like the best. Check ebay etc. Sometimes the shipping makes it too much but sometimes...Also, check into freecyle in your area. Someone may have one in the garage they haven't gotten rid of yet and most stuff can be cleaned. Rent a rug doctor etc.
Don't apologize for whining. You are hosting a growing a human being inside of your body. After it is done using your body as a life support system you will have to push it out of a very small opening. Girl, you whine as much as you want.
I was ill just like that with my daughter. I also found that if I didn't let my stomach get empty that I felt less nauseous.
I liked the double stroller when I had an infant and a toddler. They're really big, but it worked best for us. I didn't like the side-by-side style though, it was too wide for most shopping aisles at the mall. A ring-sling might be a good cross between an adjustable carrier and a Moby wrap.
A quick note - my reasoning for the doublewides were that the ones I've seen look less bulky folded than the long "train" ones - thus less trunk space. Any thoughts on that from you experienced double stroller-ers?
PS - Strollers are my new pregnancy obsession since I'm already cloth diapering. ::sigh::
My double stroller fits fine in a trunk of a car and also in the back of my mom-mobile (mini-van).
I didn't see a lot of difference in the fold up size on them between mine and my sisters, but my sister didn't have the umbrella style double wide. I know strollers have streamlined quite a bit since ours was made. Ours was third hand probably 6 years ago so hopefully progress. Like I said, go try some out. Ours wasn't any bigger folded up than the stroller we had that the car seat locked into.
Some advice from your Mom: Eat something small every couple of hours to keep the nausea at bay. Why deal with it when you can prevent it???
I'm not fond of the double-wide strollers. I had one for a while when you girls were small. It was very hard to steer and not store friendly. I'd go with the longer version, personally.
Phil and Ted's inline double Sport. Costs a chunk of change but it is THE BEST. Compact but sturdy, comfortable, folds easily into a smallish trunk, the whole bit. Best thing? Not anywhere near as long as the train-type doubels and fits through all doorways and all aisles of stores in the mall, unlike the sideby sides. Has pneumatic tires that go ANYWHERE. I've actually had a love story post to do about how much I adore the stroller and how fabulous it is for non-twin babies / toddlers / preschoolers. Seriously. We have more than gotten our money's worth and I can't wait to transition an infant into it. It has been a baby investment that I totally recommend, and I'm not usually a gear person. But after buying strollers that just didn't make it (from umbrellas to a side by side and a couple in between), we decided that we would go a little more expensive and it is awesome. That's my two bits. Probably the only parenting thing I could back 100%.
I think I will do a post about it and see if Phil and Ted's will give me a little cocoon attachment...he, he, he. I tell so many moms about it every time we go out because they all see it and love it here.
I actually enjoyed a mostly nausea-free first trimester, but after the last two pregnancies where it was AWFUL, I can still feel your misery. Keep saltines on hand. And eat protein for breakfast - it keeps the hungries at bay a little better, I found. And I learned recently that most nausea is caused by minor dehydration and/or low blood sugar..so drink and eat a bit ever so often through the day - it helps! Chewing gum is also a life saver.
Excited for your newby!
Oh, and absolutely - HUGE high five to Mr. Lemon. You gotta love a guy like that! (I have one, too. :))
Hey Mrs. Lemon... This is Bethany (Enders) Carter... Anyways, my opinion on the double stroller I'd say go with the train type ones because the side by sides are hard to steer and they do make some really nice train type ones. On another note, when I used mine we had a trunk that was smallish. It was a Honda Civic so I would say it would work fine if you had at least that with some room to spare.
Now, on the pregnancy business... I of course have a 9 (almost 10 year old) an 8 year old and a 3 month old. SO I feel pretty well versed to say I have experienced all spectrums of pregnancy but lemme tell ya sista.. this last one that I had in December she almost killed me! That being said, I wouldn't trade her for anything but let's just say the tubes have already been tied, snipped, burnt, etc.
Oh and last but definitely not least, High five to Mr. Lemon.. and if you're not doing anything later you can do my laundry. My husband sure wouldn't and I don't even want to.
I'd have to agree with the suggestion to eat something every few hours. That really helped to keep the nausea at bay - at least most of the time.
As far as strollers we love our double Graco. And it does fold up nice and I can lift it out of the van and unlatch it and all with Pip in his wrap. I've really noticed how well it maneuvers. (Gee that sounded dorky). Anyway we have a single stroller, not Graco and our double is easier to push and turn then the single one.
Woo hoo Mr Lemon!
OMW... I did not know you are pregnant... again... Congratulations! =) I was not sick with boys #1 & #2. However, with my darling daughter, I was sick the whole entire pregnancy... could not stomach any fast food, no coffee, no colas... only lemonade - go figure. Whine away, sister... we are all with you... OH, and Congrats again! I can't believe it! =)
Post a Comment