I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook, but something funny happened today.
I had "friended" a girl who I thought was a friend from college. Those of you who know FB know that the rotation of friends on the left side rotates, so you get to see the cute little thumbnails of your friends' photos.
Today, she popped up, and I thought, hey, I'll check out and see how her and her husband and two stinking adorable kids are doing.
Totally random, I saw that she was also friends with my ex-husband. That's been happening a lot lately, but whatever. I'm not in a competition with him about mutual friends.
Also totally random, I happened to notice she only talks about her son. No daughter. And no husband.
And then I noticed her birthday. Which is not my friend's birthday, not even in the same decade.
Therefore, not my friend.
(I cannot brain today, I has the dumb.)
But the funniest part is my ex-husband will never notice, and he'll think he's friends with that fun girl from college.
Whereas this person was actually barely out of middle school while we were in college.
7 comments:
You know I've had people who want to connect to me that I have no idea who they are. Not even a little bit familiar. I think they are thinking I'm my sister. What is the proper way to say, Hey, I don't know you.
I did have a girl connect to me that I haven't seen since Jr. High (and I wasn't even good friends with her)ans she wanted to "catch up".
OH my word.. I have had that happen to me... I am like who in the world are you?
I am so glad you are on my friend's list.
Jodi
THAT is some funny stuff!
Mrs. Nurse Boy
he he he. That is a good feeling. Too funny.
Face book...I'm trying, but just don't like it near as much as blogging
Great story. Very funny.
You did your duty by hooking me to blogging. No way do I do the social network thing.
Post a Comment