We're in Day Three of this operation, and may I state at this juncture that
a) I'm glad we decided to use disposables for this issue
and
b) His poor little bottom is chapped from all the wiping
Tonight I decided to try vaseline instead of diaper cream since it's a chapping issue not a rash. Any other suggestions?
6 comments:
baking soda in warm water - soothes the burning like nothing else
good luck!
agreed, cjoy...i was going to say sitz bath. poor little guy.
Bert's Bees diaper cream is the absolute best at healing the skin. I've used it for all 4 of mine. Apply that first, then load them up with powder - it's the BEST. I also had a pediatrician tell me that making a mixture of diaper cream and neosporin or A&D works really well too. I've done that too and it works great. Always use powder last though - it makes it all pasty and really sticks to them.
Amy T.
not Vaseline...it's oil-based so it'll actually speed up the breakdown of his skin. It's better to use even lotion (or, setting him somewhere safe, let him air out)
I agree with the baking soda baths and letting him air dry, then rub some corn starch on him, works the best! (also a great fix for 'inner thigh burn' on hot summer days for moms in skirts) ;)
Vaseline isn't the best choice, it will keep the moisture in (that's why we put it on our lips/skin when they are dry).
OK, I've got this one! It only took me three kids and about 8 years, but a Nurse Practioner recommended a little something she mixed up for her kids. Take Maalox and Gold Bond Medicated Baby Powder and mix to make a paste. It DOESN'T burn and works really well! I wished I lived closer, I could run it over right now. I have a half a bottle of each and three potty trained kids. So sorry about that raw tushy...we have been there before, not pretty.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Post a Comment