Saturday, November 15, 2008

At least I don't sleep walk anymore

Does anyone else have an overactive imagination like I do? This is what happens when the baby wakes me up at 3:30am, goes back to sleep about 4:45am, and I can't get back to sleep.

So while I was tossing and turning, in my imagination I repainted my upstairs bathroom, and bought one of those shelves that go over top of the commode tank. It matches the corner shelf I already have. I even thought about how I would paint it on a Monday when Mr Lemon has to work that night, so that it would have plenty of time to dry. I'm considering a pale gray?

I worried about what would happen if my friend's hairdryer sucked all my hair into the back and burnt up. Then I'd have to have one of those fake hairpieces. Upside? I'd buy a curly one.

I decorated my Christmas tree, and shopped for Christmas presents.

Finally at 6:30 I just got up and browsed over my friend's wedding pictures, reminiscing about my barely 8 week pregnant belly back in the day.

I looked really good in those pictures.

We put up the Christmas tree for real tonight, but Splenda did the decorating. I did the hook-putting-on for the decorations. Zesty screamed at the tree, he was skeered, then he was mad. He only liked it from a distance (thankyouLORD) and with the lights on.

And now I'm going to go crash in my bed. 6:30 is going to come awful early tomorrow.

8 comments:

snb-the glamourista said...

i have a most hilarious story about having my hair sucked up, but not by a hair dryer. i'll have to blog about it sometime.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I wonder if imagination can be influenced by inviroment. I don't know anyone you grew up around with a vivid imagination. (rolls eyes & whistles to himself softly)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I've been in such a mood for Christmas decorating! How cool you actually did it!

Steph

Valerie said...

The reason for my insomnia---imagining everything I could do, should do, wish I could do. etc.

Good that Zesty only likes the tree for a distance. Hopefully that lasts.

mommy4life said...

I wonder if having your hair sucked up by the hair dryer is something like a Flowbee? Does anyone else remember them? Did anyone actually use them?

Unknown said...

You get more done in your subconscious than I do in my non-subconscious. That is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Lemon~
My mom in law said she saw you guys this weekend in Franklin.. She said Zesty was absolutely stunning and you and Mr. Lemon did a wonderful job singing...
Wish I coulda been there..
Jodi

Jewel said...

I'm with Steven Miller! You get more done in your subconcious than I do in my reality! Sheesh! Well, at least in the shape I am right now. But just give me a couple of months! *smile*

Post a Comment