2) Realize there is no jarred spaghetti sauce because you thought it would be nice to try it faux-homemade last time you were at the grocery store.
3) Decide directions on the side of the seasoning envelope are for the birds. Open 2 cans of tomato sauce, add one can water, and seasoning. Bring to a boil, and simmer.
4) While still trying to calm crying teething baby, realize that this sauce is not getting any thicker. Decide to add some hamburger. Which is still frozen. Thaw in microwave, and then realize this isn't hamburger - it's chopped steak.
5) Dump the chopped steak in the pan and
6) Realize there are no spaghetti noodles in the cupboard. Decide to use fettuccine noodles instead.
7) Simmer together ground chopped steak with the sauce. Nervously serve dinner - and realize this is the best spaghetti sauce you've ever tasted.
I realize I used the word "realize" entirely too much in this post. But you have to realize - crying teething baby in your arms causes temporary memory loss as to what actually is in your cupboard. Forgive me, and pass the earplugs.
11 comments:
Hilarious. I have found myself in a similar predicament more than once. I hope Zesty is feeling better today. At least the meal was tasty!!
By-the-way, I tagged you for a meme. If you have time with that teething baby.
some of the best recipes i've ever had were accidents. also....some of the worst ones.
It is usually those throw together dinners that end up being the best ones!!!!!!
And exactly how do you think the meals named "Mommy Mess" got started??? lol
Oh, have I had dinners like that! (Except mine usually turn out a far cry from "best you've ever tasted" :)
Those are always the ones my kids love.
Of course the meals that I slave over for hours and meticulously follow directions, they hate!
Such is mommyhood, I guess....
funny!
Last night I took frozen skirt steak, a can of crushed tomatoes, a splash of leftover red wine and a cup of uncooked white rice, through it all in a crock pot and left in cooking the whole day.
We loved it.
Poor thing! I am so with you on the crying, teething baby. David is (finally) getting more teeth. Yes, he'll be two in November....but he's still only got eight teeth. Fun times. *sigh*
Some of my accidents in the kitchen turn out great....some of them are uneatable...as in, even the dog won't touch it! lol Glad this one turned out good for you.
~Debi
How about posting the sauce recipie, like what brand of seasoning packet you used and stuff.
This post is hilarious, and really captures what my life is like many days!
Sounds like a day we've all experienced...whew!! Glad you got through it and with a sense of humor!!
Post a Comment