Things I've left undone since I had the baby:
~ calling my friends. I'm sorry, girlies. I really am.
~ actually mailing the birth announcements. Is it bad form to mail them 4 months after the baby was born? He doesn't really look much like the picture anymore ...
~ practiced the piano for more than 10 minutes at a time. I'll be honest. I might have practiced 10 whole minutes period since he was born.
Things I've improved since I had the baby:
~ I can take one speedy shower.
~ cooking supper doesn't seem like such a challenge anymore. Especially now that Mom taught me how to make chicken 'n' dumplins, which we have had approximately 72 times since she spent that one glorious week here. Oh, I kid. It's only been 59 times.
~ my memory, it is gone. I'm improving on the to-do list.
~ I am taking the time to relax each day with Zesty, even if it's just because I'm nursing him. I lay down with him, and just focus on that moment. There's plenty of time throughout the day to rush.
~ I'm not such a heavy sleeper. Which could also be listed in "Things I've Left Undone," the sleeping.
7 comments:
Please share the chicken n dumplings recipe? I've always wanted to know and always thought it was probably waaaaayyyy too complicated, you know, since it's a mom's homecooking comfort food kind of thing. :)
Good for you taking the time with Z. That is the most important thing. You never get those moments back.
Motherhood works all of us over!! AND it doesn't stop when your kids grow up and move away!!!
CYM - I will post that recipe soon.
So glad I'm not the only one who hasn't mailed out the announcements.
Whew!
And speedy showers are a must. They are almost impossible with two because it's not very fun to see your 3 year old bringing in your 2 month old while you're in the shower.
Nope, not fun at all.
Ha. It took me at least 4 months (plus) to mail the announcements for Baby J. He IS still a baby, so I say it counts just fine. :)
And God will use your children like nothing in your life to work in your heart and prayer life. I promise.
I think it was at least 4-6 months until we got announcements out. I am officially domestically challenged so the kiddos just magnified that. I need to find a good go to recipe...please share!
Sounds like you're doing pretty darned good, to me! I eventually mailed announcements for the first one...I still have the announcements for the second one..and never even bothered for the twins! But just look at all the newfound skills! Way to go!
Post a Comment