Sunday, June 8, 2008

I hope I didn't have anything in my teeth when she read that

(Hi, Amy!)

So you know how you're just casually walking across a room, and someone says "Hey, I recognize you from your blog"?

This has never happened to me before. Until tonight at church.

(Although I like to tell myself I'm an internet rock star, Site Meter tells me I have a fairly small readership.)

(Shocking, I know)

We have a new family that recently joined our local church family, and she said, "Hey, I recognize you from your blog!"

And then I proceeded to need to prop my jaw closed.

Note to self: Prop your jaw closed more often. Then you won't have to lay awake at night wishing you could take your words back.

Also note to self: Good job listening to Sis Pastor's Wife when she cautioned you about not putting absolutely everything that comes to your mind on the internet. Now you have nothing to regret about meeting someone in person who has read your blog.

I'm excited about this because now I won't feel the need to tell her my whole life story whenever we get more than 5 minutes to chat.

I can just listen to her.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sorta cool/and sorta creepy all in one huh?? lol...

Anonymous said...

Jana - no, not creepy! we have a mutual friend in Rochelle

Anonymous said...

ROFL... this happened to me too. And I ran home and immediately deleted TONS of stuff. And I didn't have anything bad on there about anyone... just "stuff" that I did not want everyone in my church knowing about. At least you had the guts to be nice and post about it... I just said, "Oops, sorry, this program has been temporarily interrupted." It's really hard to know where to draw that line, isn't it? Hmmmm... I just may have to blog about this... LOL =)

Anonymous said...

Morning Liz! Yep - the look on your face was priceless!!! I never thought how exposed you might feel! Sorry....good reading though! Have an awesome day!
Amy

Anonymous said...

Blogging is funny like that, huh? There's this thought of being a celebrity, a belief that it is true (despite what the site meter says), and at the same time a hope that you're only famous for people who don't really know you...I haven't had this happen to me (yet) but I can imagine...so funny.

Nice to meet you, Amy. :)

Anonymous said...

Liz~ I've been following your blog for a long while! I just thought I'd "out" myself while someone else was too!:) Love the new background also.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I kinda freaked out when someone IRL told me they read my blog, it was freaky. You're handling your internet rockstardom better than I did. :)

I like your new look. :)

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that would seriously floor me. You are so amazing though, that I'd love to just randomly find out you were in my congregation. What a fun meeting that would be!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness that is the best!

Anonymous said...

Glad to know I was not the only one who wda been freaked out...lol I was beginning to think maybe I was just "out there"!!! lol ;-) deff wd be cool tho....I think i wd be like Sis tracy and run home and delete stuff...not that i post anything bad...but ur conscious starts to work overtime!! lol Very cute new layout....

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I haven't had it happen to me, but I do try to think about what exactly I want totally random (or more importantly, NOT SO RANDOM) people knowing about me.

Post a Comment