Thursday, March 20, 2008

Just in case I go into labor soon

A week or so ago I suggested a surrogate blogger - frankly, I was surprised to get any comments at all on that post, much less a willing victim a volunteer.

But I decided to go with Carolyn as the logical choice.
#1 - she's a momma already
#2 - my family has adopted her family
#3 - I don't have to boss her around instruct her on how to blog
#4 - she plays a mean xylophone

(Just kidding on #4)

(And I'm sorta kidding on #3 - I did make it very clear that she should check her spelling. Because I despise misspelled words. Seriously, I'm very anal about it.)

So, meet Carolyn! She's a loving mother of 3 who still looks like she's 14 1/2.

Here we are together on Adoption Day last year. I know it was Adoption Day because my Mom has a fixation on having the dates printed on the front of her photos. So she knows when they were taken. Even though that information is all stored on the fanciness that is digital photography.


I have the distinct honor of having made Carolyn's middle son cry. He was swinging on the handrail over top of the cement steps, forgoodnesssake, and I SHRIEKED at him. I thought for sure his sweaty little palms would slip, and he would spill his brains on the steps. But he is in "nim-namics" so I shouldn't have worried.

We're having this feeling that the baby is going to come next week. Dear Lord, I hope we're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment