Saturday, March 22, 2008

Give a girl a break!

It's my first time, and I can freak out about Braxton Hicks if I want to. *smile*

Be thankful I didn't call you (MOM) to come down right away because I was having a contraction. Be very thankful.

Anyways. Listen in on the conversation Mr Lemon and I had while we were anxiously awaiting the next false contraction.

Me: In the future they could just affix a monitor inside my cervix that the hospital monitors, and they would call me to say "It's time! Come to the hospital!" That would take all the guesswork out of it.

Mr Lemon: Did you say gaswork? (thinking of *ahem* natural gas. Because what else do you think about at 1am?)

Me: No, but that would save gas in the car. By then, gas will be $10 a gallon. But by then we will all be driving electric cars so we won't need to save gas.

Mr Lemon: I hope by then we will be done having babies.

Me: Darn, I'm going to miss the next wave of obstetrics technology.


It was much funnier at 1am.

No comments:

Post a Comment