Saturday, November 24, 2007

too tired to think title-ish

Next week is my last week at Plus Size Mall Store. Luckily I only have to work one day. H&R Block rehired me for some pre-season office stuff, for which I am thankful. I didn't finish my rehire hours to be a tax pro this year. I think that's going to be a blessing because I'll be busy delivering a baby boy before tax season is up. I'm working on being a receptionist for my office, since I know the office and I'm good at stuff like that.

One thing I know - I will neverneverneverneverNEVER work Black Friday in a retail environment again as long as I live. Our store brought in $13,000 yesterday - and that's with a BOGO sale going on. So we sent about $26,000 worth of plus size clothes out the door. That's a lot of people. And that's a lot of whining grown women trying on jeans and leaving piles and PILES of clothes on the floor of the fitting room.

Do us all a favor. When you try on clothes, and the friendly associate offers to take away the things you don't want, give them to her. You will be doing her a favor. She will then not smite the day you were born when you leave with nothing in your hand.

I did a leetle Black Friday shopping myself from the comfort of my own living room and jammies before I had to go to work. However, my 7 years of Black Friday online shopping experience (when I worked for Staples) has taught me well - I'll believe that I got the deal when I get the box in the mail. Until then, it's all up for grabs and out of stock email confirmations.

Mr Lemon is peacefully sleeping since he worked last night. At least I hope it is sleep and not a sugar coma, seeing's how he finished off an entire leftover butterscotch pie all by himself between yesterday and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment