Sunday, September 16, 2007

Can I rewind to about 2 weeks ago, please?

I mentioned procrastinating in my recent oh-so-profound post. Hoo boy, does it get me in trouble sometimes.

See, I rejoined Curves way back in March. Before the dating Mr Lemon and the marrying Mr Lemon and the getting pregnant all started. I haven't been back since. I whined to my doctor about the unfairness of them charging me every month JUST BECAUSE I signed a contract saying I would let them charge me for 12 months, even though I haven't been to Curves since March. She gave me a note to get out of it. Something about "early pregnancy" and "carry location."

Like you can carry a baby in any other place than WHERE GOD PUT IT. But I didn't argue. It was on that oh-feesh-ul green paper with the fancy signature.

Anyhoo - I got that note over 2 weeks ago. I've been putting off taking the note over, and thusly stopping the charge, because I was afraid they would say "Exercise is good for you in your pregnancy!" and not let me cancel. But I talked to Jaimi and she reassured me they can't tell me no.

I finally drew up my courage and took them the note. No problemo. I'm on "medical leave."

Unfortunately, Curves withdrew their highway robbery fee three days earlier than I expected, thusly overdrawing my account slightly, but slightly enough that three other things posted and thusly blessing the bank with three, count 'em, three overdraft fees.

My procrastination and preoccupation with not liking to be told "no" cost me over $120. And the bank doesn't feel any need to help a sista out and take back the fees.

I'm still looking for the silver lining in this whole situation, but it's a little clouded.

By the way, for the inquiring minds, I did buy some maternity pantyhose. What a joke. They were so thick and ugly, and while I bought two pairs, and only ripped one, the other package is non-returnable. I'm back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment