Last night I dreamed that I was in the land of dial-up and stopped at a random stranger's house to check my blog and make sure it was still holding down its space on the big bad internet. Kind of how Splenda checks her Webkinz about a zillion times a day when she is here. In my dream, it was Thursday, so I was making the rounds of the Thirteeners, and one of them was "13 ways to attempt suicide." Which IN ITSELF is horrible to think about, much less creep into my blogging dream.
But the funny thing is the explanation behind the post was that
"All these penny ante bloggers like Mrs Lemon can blather on and on about their meaningless days when there are real issues out there, like how to end one's life."
WHAAAAAA! Someone thinks my days are meaningless!?!??!?!!
And in my dream, that last statement was more like a shriek of disbelief, and I realize that I'm in a stranger's house, using their computer, and the stranger introduces herself as Maria Humboldt, and that she has been reading my blog since waaaaay back in August 2005 when I used my former real name, then went to Tess, then back to Ms Liz, and now Mrs Lemon... and that SHE doesn't think my days are meaningless.
I feel so much better now. Thank you, Maria. You are an angel unawares. Let's do hot chocolate and brownies sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment