Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'm still happy and I know it so I'm pretending like I'm petting a hamster

I did two amazing things today. I got up on a ladder and washed my windows.

--wait for it--

Yes. Those are two ~separate~ amazing things. The ladder and the window washing. I went to borrow the ladder from my landlady, and she made me promise if I fall off of it that I won't sue her. I promised I wouldn't sue her, but couldn't guarantee not falling.

Because she has seen my falling in action. About a year ago I was locking my house to leave and somehow got off balance and just tipped right over. Off of my 8" step. Falling. Onto my right side. Onto concrete. I have a nice little scar on my ankle where I scraped off about a 1/2" diameter of my skin. I guess it hit the ground first.

I laid there for a moment to gather my thoughts, and thought "Whew, thank God it is early in the morning and no one saw that." I no sooner thought that than I heard "Liz! Are you okay!?!!" My landlady who lived next door saw me. Along with a new prospective resident.

See, my friends are accustomed to picking me up off the ground, but not my landlady, so she was all concerned and I'm just still trying to figure out how I fell. I wasn't even walking or anything, just standing there locking my door.

But enough of tooting my own horn. None of my amazing things trump The Daring One. She is The Great American Hero. Go give her some love for her 7 minutes of fame from being on The Today Show yesterday!

PS - still wondering about the title? It's Kathryn's greatest post ever in my opinion and yesterday was the one year anniversary of it. woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment