Friday, March 30, 2007

How Liz Buys Her Shoes

1. Shoes are therapy. Thusly, shoe shopping is good if you are happy, grumpy, sleepy, sneezy, dopey, bashful, doc-y (Daddy!), etc, etc, etc.
2. Take cash and go before lunch. It's much easier to justify a pair of shoes you can only wear once or twice if you say to yourself "Well, the shoes are cheaper than my lunch is gonna be...and it won't be with me much longer..."
3. Thou shalt not stop at the shoe racks at the front. Head straight to clearance.
4. I avoid Payless and WalMart shoes like the plague. Their shoes make my feet sweat, thusly oderifous. As I am in the early stages of my joy in the morning, I'm not interested in smelly feet.
5. Did I mention yet that I am close friends with clearance racks? Value City, Shoe Carnival, Sears, Macy's ... shall I go on?
6. You can always use a new pair of black dress shoes when your church parking lot is gravel. 5-6 pairs of black dress shoes are an appropriate number to start with.
7. To answer a question in the comments, I do not have the perfect 7-8 shoe size. My feet are 9 1/2-10. So there is hope for us Jolly Green Giants.
8. I am blessed with non-sensitive feet. I can walk all day in heels, and unless the heel is needle-skinny, I'm good to go. Flip-flops, however, I can't do. So I'm madly jealous of all of you flip-floppers and your gazillion pairs of $1 summer feet apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment