I promise, I'm not. I am more than a leetle relieved that it is on a Wednesday this year, so my immediate regional friends will all be at church too instead of going out on a hot date with their husbands.
bwahahahhaaaa!
Anyways. Stop with the flogging. On with my thinking out loud. This is my blog and it's all about me.
I guess I knew this would come up, but I didn't expect it to affect me. I thought the pain of a failed marriage and the relief of a new life would overcompensate for the hurt of not being a married lady anymore. I thought I was above it. It's February, forgoodnesssake, what did I think would happen? A bunch of posts about Presidents' Day? Heck no. They are all about the love and the 50 cheap dates (which I embrace cheapness thoroughly) and the good-natured chuckles at the married under 7 years and still adjusting crowd.
I automatically went to comment on Beth's post about how Dustin and I don't really have struggles with who does what with the housework... and then remembered there isn't a "Dustin and I" anymore. I'm a divorce statistic now. A relieved, cat-owning and chick-flick watching statistic, but a statistic. I liked being married! I was a good wife! But now I not only feel uncomfortable commenting with the baby monitor comparing posts, but also the marriage tip posts. That's no one's fault at all, by the way, but it is just the way it is.
Rochelle has been a great source of encouragement for me, though. She recommended I buy "Search For Significance," and that is on my Amazon wish list now. I emailed to her I'm realizing that people (husband, a baby) and position (preacher's wife, education) cannot make me happy. My fulfillment has to come from God alone.
Until then, I will be buying myself a bee-you-tee-full bouquet of flowers. For me. Oh, and a new vase, because I threw away the old one.
No pity needed. Informational post only. Void where prohibited by law.
No comments:
Post a Comment