Large Office Supply Company has this 'good behavior' points program for associates. You meet your goals, exceed them even, and get points. You can spend these points on useless kitchen junk, or you can save them up and redeem them for gift cards to different locations, or save lots of points for a $100 Amex gift certificate. I usually do the $100 Amex and buy clothes, but this time I ordered a $50 Staples gift card due to not enough good behavior. I'm hoping it will come in the mail this week because...
...here's the dilemma. Do I save the $50 towards random office supplies, printer cartridges, or the purchase of a new digital camera that isn't broken? Or do I spend it on this desk that I have been longing for some time? Which just happens to be on sale for $20 off the regular price? And further $10 off at the store for some unexplained reason? And thusly I would only pay $10 plus tax for? And that I would flex my big girl muscles and assemble myself? Or call Thithy and her husband over for a desk assembling party? And then continue to save up to buy the matching file cart and bookcase?
Of course this is all pointless if the card doesn't come in the mail this week because it is not on sale next week.
No comments:
Post a Comment