Monday, January 1, 2007

5 Christmases Ruined, CHECK

[Originally posted here]

In the total 10 hours I worked today (12am to 2am, and 8:30am to 5pm) I managed to take 135 calls, make 2 people's Christmas complete, and utterly ruin any chance of 5 people to have an enjoyable celebration of Christ's birth by not personally delivering their merchandise to their door, giftwrapped, with a cookie to boot.

The last delivery date possible before Christmas is wrought with people lamenting "But this is a Christmas gift!" Probably the same people who petitioned to have all mention of religion removed from their preschooler's Winter Solstice Sing-A-Long. Harumph.

Somehow, in my superhero power customer service training classes, they forgot to tell me that as soon as the words "But this is a Christmas gift!" arrive in my ears that I get to immediately reverse the universe's way of spinning and get their ORDERED TOO LATE mp3 player to their door. Giftwrapped. With free delivery.

At least I get the satisfaction of being Santa's helper to two people. One nice lady called and said "I got this little memory chip in the mail today - what does it do?" The rest of her order contained a fabulous digital camera. I giggled (yes, giggled) and said "Wait for one more box to show up today and then call [insert buyer's name here]."

Then the guy who thought he was being a victim of identity theft because he got a computer monitor by UPS today - I got to tell him the buyer was in Illinois, so he knew to call his son and thank him profusely. Those are good times.

But the real count is how many Christmases I can ruin. mwhahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment